Amazon’s Alexa now lets you share songs and play it on your friends Echo device
When you share a song with a loved one, they’ll get a notification on their phone via the Alexa app as well as a voice nudge via their Echo smart device. Now, your contact can ask the virtual assistant to play it on their Echo once they receive the music sharing message, or they can tap on the push notification in Alexa companion app to specify the connected Echo device on which they want to play that song.After receiving a song notification, Alexa will automatically find it on the default music streaming service of your choice, or any other music app installed on your phone. “If a matching song cannot be found, Alexa will suggest a station based on the song’s title and the artist’s name,” Amazon says in its blog post.
In order to use the new feature, you need to enable the Communication feature in Alexa app which you can do by following these steps:
- In the Alexa app, tap on the Communicate tab.
- Enter your mobile number and verify it.
- In the next step, grant the app permission to make calls and send messages.
- You’re now all set to use Alexa’s new music sharing trick. At this stage, import the contacts in your phone to make the sharing task easier.
- Now, tap on the new message option in the Communicate tab to see who you can share music with.
Help Us Improve This Article
Did you find an inaccuracy? We work hard to provide accurate and scientifically reliable information. If you have found an error of any kind, please let us know.
Add comment. we appropriate your effort.
If you have any news, helping material, etc, kindly share it with us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We help others on behalf of you